Featured...

Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information...

Thursday, November 22, 2012

What Young India Wants by Chetan Bhagat


What Young India Wants by Chetan Bhagat

Rating: 4 out of 5



Firstly, I am not very much into non-fiction. Especially, when they are about change in country, in its economy, in its infra structure and so forth. Of course, I love India. But reading about such things are way over my head. And how I got to pick this book is a story in itself.

I knew about this book, a couple of months before it was out. The title says, 'What young India wants'.

"I am a young Indian, myself. Why do I want to read it?" I asked myself and laughed. After that I never gave it a thought. Also from a few people, I came to know that it was not worth it. Not worth it because non-fictions are not my type.

But then, two weeks after the book is out, there was a buzz - though low, there was a buzz - about the books. The ratings online were pretty good. Still reading a non-fiction is not what I am prepared for.

One day, I was dusting my books and came across my Chetan Bhagat collection. I looked at them. Mind you, I am proud of my book collection. Then I noticed there are all the books of Chetan Bhagat except for one - What Young India Wants. So with due consideration and suggestions from many friends - believe me, that is the first time I took such an effort to pick up a book - I got this book.

Now, after reading it, I feel so fortunate to pick it up.

After reading Introduction - named, My Journey, in the book - of the book, I was glued to it. It contained about ten pages of author's autobiography. Short and quick autobiography. He described his journey, how he - a novelist - ended up writing a non-fiction.

Line liners adores at the starting of every chapter.

It projected the real India - the present India - in front of me. Right in front of my eyes. There were many issues discussed in this book. Most of which I am not aware of, due to my fair lack of interest in knowing the happening or watching news.

One thing I want you to notice is the title of the book. It isn't 'What young India wants?'. It is 'What young India wants'. Hope you get that. It doesn't end with a '?'. It isn't questioning. The author questions India. And then, answers them. Gives the solution for numerous issues., which make India a better place to live in.

Of course, blaming the politicians could answer all the questions. But remember that politicians are always elected by us, Indians.

Wake up, India. At least, I have....

Very powerful and carries a very strong message.

I would recommend it to:
I would recommend this book to every India who can read English. Everyone because change starts with a person, but the country is changed only when its people change.

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: