Featured...

Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information...

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Of Course I Love You..! by Durjoy Datta and Maanvi Ahuja

Of Course I Love You..! by Durjoy Datta and Maanvi Ahuja

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

ISBN (edition I've read): 9788192222608

Read between: 30-01-2013 to 03-02-2013

Review:
The top line on the cover of the book reads, 'Over 4,00,000 Copies Sold'. I was curious to learn the reason behind such a huge success behind the book, so I picked up this book. I hate to admit that the book was not bad.

Plot:

"When do you know you are truly in love?"

An India Today Bestseller for seventeen straight weeks, Of course I love you! is a story set in Delhi, during the years 2006-2008, which revolves around colleges, nightclubs, relationships and friendships. It takes a dark and hilarious view on modern day relationships. Narrated in Debashish Roy's unsure, confused and testosterone induced voice, it takes a jibe at college time romances.

The book takes you through the tumultuous journey of a young guy with raging hormones, relationship issues, and a forgettable past. Just as he struggles with life on these accounts, an exquisitely beautiful girl walks in to his life and wrecks it in ways more than one. Will he survive the ordeal? Will he come out stronger?

Of Course I Love You! is a constant feature on the AC Nielson-Bookscan Top 250 books.

Not for the prude, the book tackles issues faced by young adults in a brutally honest manner.

My take on the book:
First of all, I hate Durjoy Datta. I liked only his two books - If Its Not Forever and Till My Last Breath. The others which I read - Oh Yes, I Am Single and You Were My Crush - etched an unwearable irritation for his writing. All the criticism subjected to Durjoy Datta by many critics didn't much help with the impression, either.

The only reason I picked up the book was, as I have already mentioned, that I was curios. Though there was a lot of criticism against Durjoy, he has sold 4,00,000 copies! Either, Indian readers seldom cared critics' views or Durjoy is wildly imaginative to entertain the readers. The latter seemed legit.

At the start, I was too bored to read this book. It seemed like any college-love-story kinda book. In fact, it is any college-love-story kinda book, but the author's - don't know whether it is Durjoy's or Maanvi's - writing and the dark and crude humor made it a little interesting.

The crudeness of the narration just got to hooked to it. Perhaps, people criticize Durjoy for his crudeness, but that I what I loved about this book.

One more aspect, other than its crudeness, that I liked about this book is that it even paced. Neither fast nor slow, the book just flows in a smooth manner.

Not to mention, referring to my present instance of my relationship, I liked this book. It helped me a lot.

Save for the editorial errors, which were infrequent, I guess, every average Indian reader will enjoy this book.

Crude, honest, entertaining, hooking, darkly humorous  I am looking forward to the read book in the series - Now That You're Rich...


Unnecessary Observation:
  • The cover design of this book is a black and white replice of the cover of If Its Not Forever by the same author. I wonder, why change the cover while you are to copy the cover of the another book.


Recommendations:
The book is best to people, who appreciate phrases like, making out to fucking. 


                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: