Featured...

Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information...

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Serving You by Jaydeep Banerjee



Blurb (from the jacket):



Johnny has paradoxical views on life, has a mysterious persona, and often wears eccentric masks. How do these views influence an ordinary boy towards an extraordinary business A restaurant serving human meat? 

And yet this book is not about business. But about a boy's journey from adolescence to maturity. A tale of breaking shackles and living it up. 

Serving You is a poignant reminder of the simplicity of life and the freedom from self doubts. It is a tale of true love, true conviction and an extraordinary tale of triumph. A boy's journey into manhood, love, business and maturity. A journey from foolishness to eternal wisdom.



My take on the book:
A mere glimpse at the blurb filled me with a dozen doubts. The most prominent of them being, whether what I read was actually real? Seriously, a restaurant serving human meat!? Though disgusting it might sound, it did the trick to catch my attention right away. Until it is not another petty college romance, I could be good with restaurant serving human flesh, too! Hence, the cover design!

Frog Books, an imprint of Leadstart publishers, though published a few unworthy books during the start, it had developed great deal lately. Most of its book started to appeal and seriously fanciful. I just take a moment to thank Leadstart publishers for the great work they are doing.

From epigraph itself I knew that author had it in him. I don't know whether it is legit, but I just can't help sharing the epigraph,


The story starts in a far-off town, which I believed to be authentic and which obviously turned out to be otherwise. I anticipated it the least. I mean, it is not so easy to fabricate a town of your own right from its scratch, right as you imagine it. It is amazing that the author even fabricated fictitious folklores and myths relating to the fictitious town! A hats-off for that.

The language of the novel was not something I am used to with the regular novels. It had sometime since I read such a complex prose. The prose was against all the norms of narrative that suggest against the use of complicate descriptions, combined with far-off rare words. But, mind you, that was only the start. Later, I am not sure whether I got adapted or the narration actually become easier, but it was a breeze. Actually, the narrative style of the author is one striking aspect, which keeps a dedicated reader spell-bound.

If I try and brag anymore about the book, I am afraid, I might giveaway too much of it away. Overall, it is a great read. A refreshing one. A pleasant read with a fresh outlook.

               

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Serving You

Author: Jaydeep Banerjee

ISBN (edition I've read): 9789383562626

Rating:

Read between: 23-04-2014 to 24-04-2014

Reviewed for: Parag Mayekar

Publishers: Leadstart Publishers

Pages: 220

MRP: ₹ 225   |   $ 7

The best deal of this book could be found here:  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: