Featured...

Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information... Click on the image for more information...

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk





Blurb (from the jacket):



Every weekend, in basements and parking lots across the country, young men with good white-collar jobs and absent fathers take off their shoes and shirts and fight each other barehanded for as long as they have to. Then they go back to those jobs with blackened eyes and loosened teeth and the sense that they can handle anything. Fight Club is the invention of Tyler Durden, projectionist, waiter and dark, anarchic genius. And it's only the beginning of his plans for revenge on a world where cancer support groups have the corner on human warmth.



My take on the book:
Finally I get to read the classic book. Classic not as in old and full of literature - full of literature it is - but classic as in a magnificent book. It is one of those very few which I watched the movie and then read the book. I had seen the movie way back, even before I took liking for reading. So I knew the twist, the twist, before I started reading the book. However, it held little importance. However I have to say this. If you think that is movie is tremendous, it is no comparison to the book. I could say that loud and clear. I watched the movie for the second time after reading the book. When I say the book is better than the movie, it is not cliched. I am not being a stereotype, no way. Of course, the movie was brilliant too. The screenplay was pretty well-plotted, the actors did the best and on and on, but the book has an entirely different perspective to it.

Yeah, it took quite long for me to read the book. It was way too expensive over here. All the edition were imports and there was never an Indian edition of the book. I waited so long and finally when I couldn't take it no more, I had to get it and get done with it.

If someone gets up to me and asks for a recommendation I would first enquire whether he read Fight Club. If not, I say, he must. Because thought there are more interesting, inspiring, beautifully written books out there, Fight Club is something no one can hate.

When it is obvious that I loved the book very much, I can't give up with the review yet.

More than the twist in the story, the twist, and the story itself, it is the narrative style of the author that was the best aspect of the book, if you ask me. It is damn smooth like slicing the throat with a box cutter. It is creepy, but creepy in an intriguing way. There are quite a many one-liners which might enlighten you. It might as well double up as your Bible! Seriously, makes you a ponderer, question your own sanity.

At first, I couldn't catch up with the narration to be truthful. Twice, I had almost given up the book. But then something about the book coaxed me and I read and completed it in no time. If you happens to you too at first, I strongly recommend you go on. You don't need to catch up with the story. It will catch up with you.

Half way down the book, I felt petrified reaching the end of the book.

Crazy, isn't it! The book is crazy. I can't give no more. If you have this book, read it. If you don't, get it and read it. No matter what, read it!!! You won't regret it - BookReviewwala Guarantee!

                 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Fight Club

Author: Chuck Palahniuk

ISBN (edition I've read): 9780099765219

Rating:

Read between: 24-01-2015 to 28-01-2015

Publishers: Vintage Publishers

Pages: 218

MRP: ₹ 499

The best deal for this book could be found here:  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: